Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm in Ireland! Cliffs of Moher Day Six

Alright, here we go for another round of update. Oh yeah, Happy New Year everyone and happy(i really wish for it) 22 to me. If I were a professional footballer, I would've been filthy rich by now. Wishful thinking. Hehe

0900 : You know what's great about Ireland in winter? Subuh prayer ends at around 830 a.m. Fantastic! Haha. After prayer, we ate breakfast (yesterday's dinner leftover), packed our lunches, bathe, and then we went to the city centre. There's nothing much in Galway city ('cause we only spent a day there), so I didn't take any picture (actually there's one) :

Galway Cathedral.

1000 : We searched the office of a tourist guide that will take us to the Cliff of Moher. We chose a company on the internet the night before but we didn't make an online booking. We thought we'd try and find a bargain deal with other tourist guides. Finally, we decided to take the one chosen last night (we didn't even went bargain hunting actually) since their bus is ready to go. The bus didn't go straight to the Cliffs of Moher, we stopped on a lot of beautiful places along the way. The guide looked a lot like Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear.

A castle built during the Middle-ages. They have lots in Ireland.

At the entrance of Cave-Something. I forgot the name.

Me and the guys; same place, different spot, cooler pose. Haha

I managed to snap a picture of this handsome Irish bloke. Hehe

We didn't enter the cave because friends told us it is a load of crap. They're very proud of a small stalagmites/tites on the cave when we have huge and lots of 'em in Malaysia. So, pointless. Instead, we had tea (not really drinking tea, but you know, LIKE tea, eating cakes and stuff). After 30 minutes, the bus brought us to other interesting places.

I like looking silly.

We stopped by the road, somewhere beside a beach. Galway is a rocky place, not suitable for agriculture. You won't find big trees there. They have walls made of stacked stones along the roads. There are lots of roads and they ain't short either.

All along the roads in Galway and Ireland. Very impressive.

Not sand, but rocks.

1330 : We finally reached the Cliffs of Moher. It was perfect; the weather, the sun, the landscape. This trip is definitely the highlight of my Ireland travel, the inti dalam karipap. Absolutely gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. Enough with the words, let's see those pictures!

i don't think that's enough really, so I give you videos!


Here's the video when we stopped by the roadside.


The audio isn't bad, it's the ridiculously strong wind.

1600 : We made our last stop at Poulnabrone Dolmen. We've been told that it existed way back before the Stonehenge. It was an ancient burial ground. Amazing how the people that time can move a slab of solid heavy rock without using tools like we have today.

Poulnabrone Dolmen in the Burren

1900 : We were back home. We had dinner and packed our things to go back to Dublin. We thanked the hosts for their warm welcome and delicious food and headed back to Dublin.

That was basically it for an amazing day. It was the most amazing experience and the best fun I've had since I came to Ireland. The next day was basically shopping day as my day in Ireland is numbered. I'm headed to London in Saturday.

1 comment:

gamby79 said...

Hi! I just happened upon your blog! It was great!
I just went to Ireland for the 1st time this past August. It was an awesome trip and breathtakingly beautiful! I drove right on top of the Cliffs but did not have time to get a an awesome pic like you did!GRRR :( And that was the thing I wanted to see most of all and get great pics of! I must go back!
I flew into Shannon and just rented a car driving around Galway, Kerry, Limerick, and Claire Counties. Truly a memorable time!
Anyway...enjoyed reading your blog! Very interesting and can tell you enjoyed Ireland as much as I did! Keep up the writing! :)