Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Deaf, mute, blind, incapacitated...

I'm into Metallica season right now, all I hear each day is Metallica! Metallica! Metallica!
Inside all the metal songs they produce, i found one song that basically made me shiver and repent.

I watched the music video too, and it was so chilling and so real, it made me think, "what if I am in his shoes? what will I do? how would i feel?"

The song I'm talking about is called 'One'. Written and composed by Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield.

Watch the video yourself and you'll know what i mean :



The lyrics for better understanding :

One
(Hetfield,ulrich)

I Can't Remember Anything
Can't Tell If this Is True or Dream
Deep down Inside I Feel to Scream
this Terrible Silence Stops Me
Now That the War Is Through with Me
I'm Waking up I Can Not See
That There Is Not Much Left of Me
Nothing Is Real but Pain Now

Hold My Breath as I Wish for Death
Oh Please God,wake Me

Back in the Womb its Much Too Real
in Pumps Life That I must Feel
but Can't Look Forward to Reveal
Look to the Time When I'll Live
Fed Through the Tube That Sticks in Me
Just like a Wartime Novelty
Tied to Machines That Make Me Be
Cut this Life off from Me

Hold My Breath as I Wish for Death
Oh Please God,wake Me

Now the World Is Gone I'm Just One
Oh God,help Me Hold My Breath as I Wish for Death
Oh Please God Help Me

Darkness

Imprisoning Me
All That I See
Absolute Horror
I Cannot Live
I Cannot Die
Trapped in Myself
Body My Holding Cell

Landmine

Has Taken My Sight
Taken My Speech
Taken My Hearing
Taken My Arms
Taken My Legs
Taken My Soul
Left Me with Life in Hell


I know some of you have crap internet connection at home (so do I); and Youtube-ing is slower than baking cookies, so I'll make myself useful and tell you the story in the video. So here goes :

It tells the story of one man, set during the time of WW2. This man joined the army and participated in the war. During one of the skirmishes he was involved in, he became a victim of a landmine.
The blast took everything from him; his sight, his voice, his hearing, his mouth, his arms, and his legs. What the blast didn't take from him was his mind. He was bed-ridden. He was conscious and lived a living hell everyday because he practically lived in the dark; he can't communicate because he can neither hear nor speak, let alone open his mouth; he can't feel and touch; he can't walk. And worst of all, he can't scream or shout to tell other people of the pain he felt.
Everyday all he did was bob his head up and down, sending a Morse code "S.O.S" and "Please kill me" to anyone who can read it.

Very depressing and chilling isn't it?
Now what would you do if you were in his shoes??
You can't even shout to release my tension and tell everyone how you feel!
Basically cocooned in complete darkness.

The message here people, is be grateful to what Allah S.W.T. have given us. Show how grateful we are to Him by doing what He asks of us, being the most simple thing that is to PRAY or SEMBAHYANG (very simple, up-down, up-down a few times, 5 times a day...)

Tengok? Siapa kata dengar lagu rock tak sesuai untuk orang Islam? Orang PAS yang tak suka Avril Lavigne datang Malaysia sebab kata lagu rock tak sesuai patut dengar Metallica lah...

p.s. The most amazing concert I have ever seen! Found at ThePiratebay, download it!

1 comment:

*NovaBags* said...

One?
album lme kn?sbb sume rmbut pnjng lagi tuh.

btw, da lyn album bru dorg?magnetic-apetah nme album.