Saturday, June 7, 2008

Walls.Saturday.Exasperated.

One thing I just can't get enough of is running into goddamn walls!
I was so high on confidence! I took the tests and quizzes quite well, and I thought the final was doable/scorable.
AGAIN! I faltered at the point where it mattered most maybe; the finish line!
Imagine you're one step away to becoming a champion in a 100m dash, but then you tripped on your own shoelaces and the last person finished in front of you. That sucked. Hardcore.
But, I have experienced it maybe too much for my own good. I'm basically exasperated. I decided not to care anymore.

Ah! It seems that my company is very professional!
Saturday of the 2nd and 4th week of the month is working day! Imagine that! 6 days a week!
I hope it's only half-day. I was basically an empty tank at the end of Friday. Was I ever this relieved to reach weekends?!

I watched a bit of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children yesterday night. I've watched it already, but I can't stop the urge to watch it again. My favourite part has got to be the Tifa fight and Cloud's fight with Sephiroth. Cloud's finishing blow; the Omnislash against Sephiroth is simply orgasmic!

Sephiroth vs Cloud - The highlight of the movie


People doesn't seem to appreciate the effort animators who did this amazing piece of art; they always refer it (kind of degradingly, actually) as cartoons!
Now, cartoons and animations are definitely different! It's like comparing a durian with a rambutan.
Cartoons doesn't take into consideration the physical reality of the world; meaning gravity, movements, symmetrical shape, basically logic.
Animation, meanwhile take into consideration all of the aspects. Characters doesn't become flat when they fall to the ground.
I read that just to animate a strand of hair for a monster in the movie Monsters Inc. the animators spent days! Imagine how many days it took to finish a monster just so that it looks realistic when wind blows on the hairs. That's committment, people.



How many hours used just to make his furs that realistic?!


Well, Japanese are pros in these things. So, watch out for their productions. One of the most renown animation studio in the world is Studio Ghibli. They produce high quality animations that are family-themed.

-out-

4 comments:

Shamsul Aizat said...

hope that 1 day malaysia will have its own 3d animation movie. fyi, there are malaysians who work behind the scene of kung fu panda. Malaysia Boleh!

Anonymous said...

oohh yeke.gle lah! bgga gle!
malaysians tu makna nye ramai gak la eh?

Shamsul Aizat said...

aku rase dua org je kot. haha. ok la tu.

::shylicious:: said...

due dh lbh dri stu maka ramai la..haha

saya mawu tgok kunfupanda..hu~