Monday, April 20, 2009

Opportunity cost

I had a great time in Dublin and London. It filled my once bleeding and empty heart with joy and wonderful memories. But, I went there alone. Yes, I had wonderful friends there but the fact is I went there alone. While I was there, my friends in Shah Alam went on a trip to Langkawi. Based on the pictures taken by Aizat and Harun, I'm sure they had an amazingly wonderful time. Well, I had other plans at that time, so it couldn't be helped.

But this time though, it's different. They planned another trip and the destination is Pulau Perhentian. I don't think I've been there before but I'm sure the place is stunningly beautiful. I have the chance to go with them but unfortunately, the UK trip exhausted me off my savings. I never had any financial difficulties before because I always have some money I put aside just for this kind of scenario. The trip I took last year however, forced me to use those money. And now I'm broke.

I'm not in a desperate situation, but I need a lot of money. Now I even have to think TWICE whether or not to play futsal. I have the intersession coming up, so I still have to use money to pay for the rent and food. The budget for the trip is estimated at RM 300. If I decide to join, my budget will be RM 700 - RM 300 = RM 400 for the whole month of May. That's a suicidal.

This is the last semester for them and after this some of us will not see each other again. The trip is basically our last chance of having fun together but I can't join them. It pains my heart so much but that's the opportunity cost I have to endure. I have to face the fact that the decison I made last year forced me to take this painful decision.

My decision to go on a trip to UK cost me the Langkawi trip and possibly the Pulau Perhentian trip as well. To my friends, I'm truly sorry I cannot join you guys. We might never see each other again, but believe me, you guys will forever be in my heart.

Wonderful people, wonderful memories.
Picture credit to Aizat. I think... I forgot. Haha! Sorry dude

4 comments:

*NovaBags* said...

rileks,
aku pon mybe x gi gk..ongkos xdak maa

Yazrina Yusoff said...

gambar yang cantik!

jangan risau kite akan berjumpa jugak lepas ni.

aku pun tak pegi perhentian hehe.

Shamsul Aizat said...

Baru je nk bgtau. haha. credit to Harun too. Die yg capture. Aku edit je.

Mohd Ashraf said...

ohhhhh! patut la Harun xde dlm gamba! ok2. credit to Harun!