Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm in Ireland! Dublin Day Three

1000 : Off we went to Bray. It was a chilly morning, there were frost marks on the windows. But, it wasn't as chilly as expected when we got out. We took a bus to the city, and then a train to Bray. It took about 30 minutes to reach our destination. Bray is a seaside town, lots of yachts. But in winter, the yachts don't go out to sea. In winter also, all the shops are closed!

The train we boarded.










The scenery of Bray inside the train.

1100 : We reached the town of Bray. It was cold! The seaside breeze didn't help. But the beach was beautiful and clean. We walked along the beach and headed for the hill(or is it a mountain?). We're going to climb up the summit.










Beautiful beach.

1130 : We climbed the hill. It was very high! We had a tough time trekking up. It was steep, and slippery, and sharp. Luckily my pair of shoes is up to task. Very tiring, i dread thinking how tiring it would be to climb a higher mountain like Mt Kinabalu.










(L - R) 50% reached, the arduous terrain, the summit!

We met a few people along the way. Irish people are very friendly! All of them said at least 'good morning' or 'hi' to us.





















1300
: We reached the top and the view was breathtaking! Absolutely magnificent! We could see the whole of Bray from up here. It was worth it, the tiredness simply vanished. The climb made us hot, so i took of my jacket. But once we reached there, it became so cold!!! My fingers were numb! I wore gloves and my fingers are still numb! We prayed before we took more pictures. This has got to be the next best place to pray after Mekah and Madinah. How I wished my brother could be here with me and see this magnificent view.

1400 : We went back down and tried to find a place for lunch. As i mentioned before, all of the shops are closed. Maybe on weekdays no one wanted to come here. Instead, we played bowling!

I was comprehensively beaten by someone who hasn't played for a whole year. I suck.

1600 : We headed back to the city, prayed at a surau (or mosque; I dunno. haha) and went to a restaurant for dinner. I think it was a Pakistani restaurant. I ate Lamb CurryHurry. (cheeky, isn't it?) The serving was HUGE! I frankly don't understand the diet of the Irish people. Everywhere I ate, the serving was huge. And yet, they're not fat at all! (Nah, just kidding. All of 'em got fat beer bellies. Hehe)

Cheeky, yet delicious Lamb CurryHurry

1800 : We continued jalan-jalan at the city. We went through an alley famous for its pubs. I guess our trip won't be complete without taking a picture at the Dublin's Hard Rock Cafe!

Berlagak je depan pintu tu, masuk pun tak berani. Hehe

1900 : Reached home, totally exhausted, body aching all over, thank God i'm a musafir (Jamak is a blessing) slept like a baby. Next day, it's Hijaz's turn to welcome a faraway visitor.

I may or may not be able to complete Day Four and Five because I'm going to Hijaz's place for a day. And then I'm headed to Golway for another two days. You may get an update in two days or more. Stay tuned for more!


p.s - finally my blog is getting interesting. hehe!

No comments: